Friday, July 6, 2012

Learning new things.....

I've been learning how to ride english and boy am I sore the next day!  I've always just played around in a english saddle, but I'm start to really get into it!  Here are some pictures of my second time really riding english.   (My sister took these :) ellichasedesigns.blogspot.com/ )


Warming up.  (sorry for the blurry pic)
                                                     




Cantering
                           
                              



Cantering



Bida getting a kiss! lol
                           


Hope every one had a Happy & Safe 4th of July!

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! You can tell your western legs aren't used to the shorter stirrups but you two look great for not ever doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its taking some time to adjust to the shorter stirrups and I'm super sore the next day! lol I've been told english will help my western riding & plus I like jumping! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned to ride western and had to switch because all the western saddles were too long for my arab's back and it's too expensive to get a custom one. I thought I was going to hate it but once I learned to balance myself I have to say I quite like it. I'll never be fully english I don't think (ie: never see myself in a hunt coat or anything) but it works.

      Delete